Ferris & Co regularly assists clients regarding establishing a presence in the U.A.E. through which to conduct business or support local and regional operations.
Establishing the proper presence in the U.A.E. for a particular client requires an understanding of both the client's objectives as well as the ever-evolving options available. Ferris & Co's practical knowledge and experience with the licensing authorities of the emirates of the U.A.E., as well as the free zones therein, allow our team to provide a client with a range of practical options for a presence, including:
- Branches (branch offices, representative offices, architectural and engineering offices, other consultancy offices, etc.).
- Subsidiaries (limited liability companies, free zone establishments, free zone limited liability companies, offshore companies, etc.).
- Joint Ventures (limited liability companies, free zone limited liability companies, offshore companies, etc.).
Our team is available to assist throughout the registration/incorporation and licensing process, including:
- Advise on current registration/incorporation and licensing procedures.
- Draft joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements, subscription agreements, sponsorship agreements, resolutions, powers of attorney and other required documentation.
- Advise on opening bank accounts, obtaining branch guarantees and other banking facilities.
- Assist in locating sponsors and local joint venture partners.
- Interact with governmental and quasi-governmental officials, notaries public, free zone officials, banks and other relevant parties.
In addition to the foregoing, certain supplementary processes are often required prior to commencing operations, and such processes are often hampered due to the lack of client personnel in-country at the time of company registration/incorporation and licensing. In that regard, our team is able to assist regarding the following:
- Open labor and immigration files at the U.A.E. Ministry of Labor, Departments of Immigration and free zone authorities.
- Register under the U.A.E. Wages Protection System.
- Obtain post office box, company stamp, company letterhead, etc.
Further, our team is available when a client desires to restructure its presence in the U.A.E., such as:
- Change of foreign shareholding relating to tax efficiency, internal restructuring, acquisition, etc.
- Change of branch sponsor or local shareholder.