Ferris & Co regularly assists clients regarding the hiring and termination of employees, visa procedures regarding new and departing employees, compliance with the labor laws and regulations applicable throughout the U.A.E., including in the various free zones, and revision/update of client internal policies.
Our team is available to assist in all labor matters, including:
- Draft employment agreements (including non-competition, non-solicitation and intellectual property provisions), termination notices and releases.
- Advise regarding the U.A.E. Labor Law and the Dubai International Financial Centre Employment Law including end-of-service entitlements and efficiency, overtime entitlements, annual, illness and maternity leaves and arbitrary and summary termination.
- Advise regarding applicable regulations including U.A.E. Wages Protection System and U.A.E. and GCC national pension obligations.
- Advise regarding structuring of company pension and savings plans (particularly vis-a-vis end-of-service gratuity entitlements) and employee stock option plans.
- Advise regarding company labor policy documentation.
- Calculate employee end-of-service entitlements.
- Assist regarding signatory authority at the U.A.E. Ministry of Labor, Departments of Immigration and free zone authorities concerning employment and residency visas.
- Advise regarding employment disputes.